Vacancy for English Church Pastor
Designation: English Church Pastor
Search period ends: 31 December 2019
Position: Paid staff
Profile: Male, under 40
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s degree from accredited Bible Seminary.
Ministry target: General congregation (approx. 400-450).
Accountable to: Elder Board
Length of service: Minimum 3 years commitment; with a view for long term leadership in the church.
Desired areas of gifting: Preaching & Teaching, clear call to Pastoral Ministry.
Best personality traits: A shepherd’s heart. Good communicator, people orientated (relational), team builder, integrity of character.
Passion for: Pulpit ministry and shepherding of congregation.
Job description (pertaining to English section of CGBC):
Assist and complement Elders in general ministries and administration of the church which may require you to:
- Participate in preaching and teaching.
- Participate in mid-week prayer services.
- Conduct wakes/funerals, marriages.
- Undertake visitations and pastoral care of the members.
- Participate in Council meetings.
- Oversee the running of main services in absence of the Elders.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Please apply with resume, a testimonial (eg. your faith journey leading to full-time ministry; approx 700 words) and three character references to this email: email@example.com. Attach copies of qualifications and a passport sized photo.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be invited for an interview.